What is your favourite place in West Herts and why?
Verulamium Park! I love feeding the ducks there, grabbing a cappuccino by the Inn on the park, enjoying the lake and being able to get to town by walking up the hill towards the cathedral.
What would be your ideal day in West Herts?
Picnic in Verulanium park, lunch at a St Albans restaurant, walk it all off in the afternoon in Heartwood Forest!
What is was the best moment of your life so far?
Probably the morning after my son was born, just after dawn, looking out the window of Welwyn hospital, seeing the sun coming up and my new baby in his cot bedside me.
How did you end up on Radio Verulam?
I walked into RV in St Albans one day and asked if I could present a programme on crime!
What’s your favourite piece of music?
Beatles - love me do.
If you could be another Radio Verulam presenter, who would it be and why?
Lydia El Khouri - for her all round excellent presenting style, technical capability, intelligence and energy.
Dr Kathy Weston is Northern Irish, a Law graduate and Doctor of Criminology, currently working as a researcher at the School of Education at University of Hertfordshire. She is also married, a mum of two young children and lives locally in Sandridgebury, St Albans. Kathy co-presents the Emerald hour each week as well as the Parents' Show on Thursday evenings on Radio Verulam.
- View recent blog entries
- Member for
- 5 years 1 week
- APPEAL: Boy, 2, and grandfather injured after car crash
- Do you think it’s okay to allow children to drink some alcohol at home?
- BA and easyJet passengers could pay £25 charge for flight delay complaints
- VIDEO: House plants can suck dangerous toxic chemicals out of the air
- 'Surprised, honoured' teen will follow Olympic icons into youth swimming competition