We are looking to innovate by developing software tools to aid our other volunteers such as presenters, schedulers and engineers. The software projects in mind would compliment and integrate into our existing systems. Ideas are likely to be ad-hoc and may include things like automating workflows or improving monitoring in order to help save time and money to allow these resources to be channelled elsewhere.
This role would suit someone who is either a software developer already or someone who wants to explore developing their skills in this area on projects that will improve the station’s workflows.
The role can also involve assisting in general engineering tasks if the role holder is interested in other technical areas of the station too.Essential Skills
- Desire to develop both front and backend tools
- Enjoy solution finding based challenges
- Can self manage small individual projects and collaborate with another engineer (using tools such as GitHub)
- Knowledge of Python, PHP or NodeJS
- Knowledge of handling databases
- Interest in data processing
- Any professional experience as a software developer
- Experience coding with audio signals and possibly knowledge of DSP
Training can be provided to fill in knowledge gaps but it would be expected that the applicant already understands programming fundamentals.