About Radio Verulam:
Radio Verulam is the local, community radio station for St Albans and surrounds, broadcasting 24 hours a day on 92.6FM and online. It is run as a not for profit company and is predominantly volunteer led, with around 90 current volunteers providing everything a radio station needs to be on air, including creating and broadcasting original content which covers various genres of music, speech, arts, current affairs, topical discussion, and news.
Our mission is: To enhance the daily lives of all sections of the community in our area by providing news, information and entertainment.
Our vision is: To become a widely known and listened to local radio station and internet presence, both of which are recognised within and outside the local community as a professional, engaging and useful service and to form a significant part of the fabric of life in the area, embraced by businesses and individuals.
Overview of volunteer coordinator: To be the focal point for volunteer effort at Radio Verulam, finding ways of promoting the value of being a volunteer in a community radio station
About the role:
- Help identify and take a proactive approach to the targeted recruitment and selection of volunteers.
- Help deliver training and personal development programmes to ensure that volunteers are equipped to do their volunteer roles safely and effectively
- Coordinate, organise and direct volunteers in their everyday tasks to maintain the smooth running of the station.
- To include structured feedback, support and supervision, and acting as the first point of contact for all volunteer related issues.
- Ensure that Radio Verulam is an accessible, inclusive and diverse station, with the volunteer base representative of the communities the station serves and all members of society are supported to participate
- Organise and deliver a volunteer reward and recognition process for volunteers
An outstanding natural communicator who is able to lead volunteer teams to excel whilst building their skills and confidence along the way.
You will be highly organised with an eye for detail and seek to make ongoing improvements in your everyday work to create effective volunteer management systems.